Lyssa Papazian, Historic Preservation Consulting is a woman-owned sole proprietorship specializing in historic preservation planning, funding, regulation, documentation, and architectural history and has been operating in Vermont since 1998. Lyssa holds a Master of Science degree in Historic Preservation and is a National Park Service (36 CFR Part 61) -qualified historic preservation consultant with 22 years of professional experience.
Services include National Register of Historic Places nominations, historic preservation plans and reports, the rehabilitation of historic buildings, historic tax credit applications, historic structures reports and other forms of documentation, regulatory review of state and federally funded projects, grant writing, project management, history exhibits, and architectural history. Lyssa brings extensive experience and familiarity with historic structures, preservation law and standards, and the history of northern New England to each project. She has successfully listed 22 properties on the National Register of Historic Places including 11 historic districts; secured historic tax credits for 24 properties; and stewarded over 50 projects through the state and federal regulatory process for approvals.
Lyssa has six years of experience working in a state historic preservation office (SHPO). As a consultant for the past 16 years in Vermont, she has completed many projects in consultation with or under the review of the state historic preservation office, other state agencies, and the National Park Service. She is very comfortable working with historic preservation regulations at both the national and state levels. She is currently included on the pre-approved lists of historic preservation consultants by the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation, New Hampshire Division of Historic Resources, Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, Vermont Agency of Transportation, and the Preservation Trust of Vermont.
Lyssa can ably provide information, advice and preservation expertise to make your project a success, whether you:
- Need assistance with a cultural resources regulatory requirement
- Want to list your property on the National Register of Historic Places
- Need help with the federal and state Tax credits for historic rehabilitation and downtown revitalization
- Are applying for a preservation grant
- Want preservation expertise on your architectural or engineering team
- Are interested in an exhibit, report, or presentation on historic resources; or
- Simply have preservation and history questions
Her services and list of completed work includes:
- Preparation of environmental regulatory reviews
- National Register nominations
- Tax credit applications for historic rehabilitation
- Cultural resource surveys
- Historic structure reports
- Historic documentation
- Preservation planning
- Lectures & Presentations